Baked Turkey Meatballs (Makes 25-30 mini meatballs)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs, white or whole wheat
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (or water)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and milk in a large bowl. You may need to adjust the amount of milk you use based on how dry your bread is, etc. The mixture should be wet enough to stick together, but not loose.
- Using a teaspoon (for uniformity) or your hands, roll portions of the meat into approximately 1-inch balls, and drop them onto a baking sheet. You should end up with 25-30 meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs for approximately 30 minutes, turning once, so that the meat is cooked through and all sides are lightly browned.