SCIENCE BASED WELLNESS PROGRAM
***OFFERING SERVICES TO PATIENTS ALL OVER THE U.S.A.***
VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE OVER ZOOM
WHAT THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Up to 184 extensive tests (LabCorp) with “optimal” (not just “clinical”) values interpreted by Dr. Nickels.
- Heavy metal tests (includes 17 elements such as mercury, lead, aluminum, etc. and 26 minerals).
- Rule out: serious infection, possible kidney and liver disease, diabetes, etc.
- Body fat percent analysis.
- BMI (Body Mass Index).
- Lean body mass (percent of muscle vs. fat and what optimal values should be.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) - to evaluate the presence of blood leakage in the GI tract that is not visible to the naked eye.
- One-on-one personal and confidential consultation (1st visit and follow-up) with Dr. Nickels.
- Written report, interpretations, analysis and “The Plan” by Dr. Nickels.
- Diet diary and toxic evaluation (to determine need for detoxification and liver purification).
- Medication and nutrient-drug depletions evaluations. (Physician’s Desk Reference).
- Risk ratios for cardiovascular disease.
Additional tests that are not initially included but may be ordered as needed:
- Cancer marker tests (can detect cancer BEFORE it manifests itself with symptoms).
- Urinary Estronex test (accurate risk assessment for breast cancer).
- Saliva hormone tests.
- Single blood tests as needed.
- Genomics (gene tests that provide a genetic profile to determine inherited risks for common diseases).
*The tests we provide are the “Gold Standard” and are accepted:
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
- Allow approximately 30 minutes for the initial visit.
- Allow 2 weeks for test results.
- In 2 weeks follow-up visit with Dr. Nickels to discuss report of findings (approx. 30 min appointment). Our office will call you when your report is ready.
WHERE CAN I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
- SCIENCE BASED WELLNESS
10033 Sawgrass Drive West, Suite 204
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
FOLAND CHIROPRACTIC & SPA
11363 San Jose Blvd., Suite 102
Jacksonville, FL 32223
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Our program includes tests that are designed to evaluate and prevent health problems as well as improve your current health conditions. Health insurance companies typically do not offer or cover benefits or services that PREVENT disease. We will provide receipts that you may use for tax purposes or HSA accounts.
- We accept cash, checks, major credit cards and Care Credit.
- See price list for available package plans and a la carte pricing.
When you follow Dr. Nickels’ customized recommendations AS DIRECTED
you will achieve the best results! Be patient and give yourself at least 3 months!
Just as my services are unique, my financial policies differ from traditional healthcare. The information provided is an explanation of my policies:
WHY I DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICAL INSURANCE
When medical practices bill health insurance companies, the doctors are required to become participating providers. The doctors are required to sign a contract that allows the insurance company to determine which services they will and will not provide and how much they can charge for those services. In general, insurance companies are not focused on wellness or preventive services. They are heavily invested in the conventional model of healthcare that often relies on drugs, invasive procedures, and surgeries. As a Science Based Wellness physician, I am committed to prevention, wellness, and natural solutions to illness and disease.
A participating medical practice must agree to accept the fees the insurance company establishes, regardless of whether the fees are reasonable to that practice. In general, these fees cover the cost of minimal, low quality care.
Most doctors and clinics cope with the requirements of being participating providers by keeping office visits very brief, so they can see as many patients as possible within a given time frame. Ironically, some of my patients complain about their extremely brief and unsatisfactory office visits at other medical practices. As a physician who practices alternative medicine, I am extremely passionate about what I do. My goal is to provide my patients with the highest quality natural healthcare available. Unfortunately, I have found I cannot be a participating provider in the insurance networks to be able to provide the time-intensive and well researched care that I provide.
Note: I do not profit from the sale of laboratory testing. My patients pay me for my time, expertise, and the results I help them achieve.