Pineapple Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie
Pineapple contains bromelain, a type of proteolytic enzyme which helps the body fight inflammation. Turmeric and ginger are anti-inflammatory as well, while the chia seeds contain important omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3s are essential fats the body cannot produce on its own and must get from food. They are an important part of cell membranes and are involved with the action of hormones that regulate inflammation. Immune supportive, blood sugar stabilizing protein powder rounds out this smoothie to offer you a powerhouse morning start.
- 1 cup brewed and cooled green tea
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ⅔ cup cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks)
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ of a medium banana, peeled
- ½” fresh ginger – peeled and cut from stalk (about ½ tsp)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 mint leaves - rough chopped
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4-5 ice cubes (or more or less to personal desired consistency)
Combine all the ingredients, except the chia seeds, in a high speed blender.
Add chia seeds at the end of the blending process so they don’t stick to the blender container.
If you like your smoothie thicker, add ice cubes and blend until desired consistency is met.