4 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutmeg (to taste)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
1 tablespoon Stevia
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Place Stevia and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Add eggs and beat on medium with an electric mixer until smooth. (You can also beat by hand with a whisk.) Add the almond milk to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
3. Pour into a large saucepan. Heat on medium while stirring CONSTANTLY with a wire whisk. This is very important because you don't want scrambled eggs. You just want it to heat all the way through. Whisk over heat for 6 or 7 minutes or until you see steam forming. (You can also use a food thermometer and heat to 160°F.)
4. Remove from heat, then add the vanilla and nutmeg. Stir to combine, then pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until cold.
5. Garnish with Stevia sweetened whipped cream, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks, if desired. Note: If you want to keep
6. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.