Gound Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grass-fed ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- ½ cup onions — diced
- 1⅔ cups sweet potatoes — diced
- ½ cup homemade tomato sauce
- crushed red pepper to taste — optional
- salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers — cut in half
- feta cheese — for garnishing, don't add if you want paleo-friendly
- fresh parsley — for garnishing
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Make sure to break up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Add the onions, and cook until they are golden brown.
Add the sweet potatoes, cover the skillet, and cook until they are tender. It takes about 8 minutes.
Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add the tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potatoes.
Arrange the peppers in a greased baking dish with the cavity side facing up.
Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
Remove from the oven, and garnish with feta and parsley.