Healthy Valentine's Day Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, room temperature or coconut oil
- 5-7 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- A couple of drops of pink food coloring
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3-4 maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with unbleached parchment paper. In a mixing bowl with your hands mix flour and butter until it resembles find bread crumbs. Add sugar, coconut, milk, coconut extract and food coloring. Mix until a soft dough is formed.
With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch and stamp out hearts using a cookie cutter.
Bake cookies for 14-17 minutes, depending on size. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
To decorate cookies mix frosting ingredients and drizzle it over the cookies.
Nutrition facts were calculated based on 22 cookies 1 cookie = 1 serving