Tumeric Cauliflower Steaks
Add some color to your cauliflower with turmeric. These cauliflower steaks are easy to prepare and would make an excellent vegetarian side or main dish.
- 1 large cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Fried curry leaves, to serve
- Thinly sliced fried red chilli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with foil.
- Cut the cauliflower into four 1.5cm-thick slices, leaving base intact. Cook steaks in extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to the foil-lined baking tray.
- Whisk the olive oil with the turmeric in a bowl until combined. Brush over steaks.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until tender and crisp.
- Scatter with fried curry leaves and thinly sliced red chilli, to serve.